Celebrate Our Birthday
January 29 is a day to celebrate at the Battleship Missouri! This day commemorates both the anniversary of the Missouri's launching from New York Navy Yard in 1944 and our anniversary of the battleship's opening as a memorial in Pearl Harbor.
Every year we find new ways to celebrate and 2012 was no different. Check out some of our favorite images from last year's celebration.
Join us this year on Saturday, February 2 from 8am until 4pm as we celebrate the 69th anniversary of our historic ship's launching and the 14th anniversary of our opening to the public. Admission is FREE for Military and Kama'aina with a proper ID.
We invite you to visit us and celebrate by taking part in many of the activities offered on this day:
- Take a guided tour with one of our knowledgeable tour guides.
- Play a game of Battleship while watching Universal's 2012 film "BATTLESHIP" on the Mess Deck.
- Take part in interactive educational activities on the Fantail such as Signal Flag Making, Rain Gutter Regatta and Float Your Boat.
- Listen to live musical performances by military and local school bands.
- Take a special tour of the ship's Radio Room with some of the Radio Room volunteers.
- Tour some of the restoration work being completed by our Engineering team and volunteers.
- Stop by the Membership Booth on the Fantail to learn how you can become a member and help support the USS Missouri Memorial Association while taking advantage of some of the exciting member benefits offered with each membership.
- Join us in recognizing the hard work of some of our most dedicated volunteers by attending the Volunteer Recognition Ceremony on the Fantail at 10:30 am.
There will be plenty to do, so bring your friends and family and find out what we have to offer! We hope to see you here at Pier Foxtrot 5! Click here for directions on how to visit us. No advanced reservation is needed.